In this day and age, there is always someone out there looking for job. This is one the hardest things that people have to do. Landing your dream job or any job for that matter is no easy feat. It takes more than the required qualifications. Sometimes you see that someone with all the needed requirements failed to get a job. Then they are left wondering what went wrong when they were so sure. Getting a job all comes down to the job interview. This is as important, or even more than, as having the right qualifications. Most employers make their decisions based mainly on how a job interview goes. This is something that anyone looking for a job has to learn. There are things that have to be done right when going for a job interview. Here are a few tips that come in handy when preparing for a job interview;
• The first impression is very important. The first look a potential employer has of you will go along way when deciding if to hire you or not. This is why you have to make the right first impression. The first way to do that is to dress the part. The way you dress for an interview will say a lot about you. It is always advisable to be in official attire. Get something presentable and appropriate. A suit makes a good impression. Be careful though not to try too much. Over dressing may raise the question whether you really need the job
• When going for a job interview, think like a scout. That means ‘always be prepared’. Know what you need to know about the company you hope to work for. When a potential employer sees that you know your stuff, they know you are interested. You can do research about a company before you show up for an interview
• Always make sure that your documents are in order. It is very annoying when a potential employer asks for a certain document and you are not sure where you kept it. Have your papers arranged properly before you enter an interview room.
• An up dated resume is also a must. You can not present a resume that has an outdated e-mail or phone number. Make sure that your referenced are current too. Always assume that a potential employer will actually call your references.
• A job interview is all about marketing yourself. You can do this by anticipating what questions you could be asked and knowing how to answer them appropriately. Do not be afraid to sell yourself to a potential employer. This is your chance to show a potential employer why they need you in their company.
• Be confident when doing your job interview. Sure you may be nervous but find a way to get rid of that. A potential employer will always appreciate a candidate who is sure of themselves. Confidence shows that you know what you are doing; even if you really don’t. Practice before the actual interview is a good way to get rid of those butterflies.
• Do not forget your manners during an interview. Even if you don’t think it went that well, appreciate the opportunity given to you. Say thank you and when you are done with your interview.
• When answering questions during a job interview, focus on the issues. Do not try to tell stories or divert attention. A joke or two wouldn’t hurt but remember what you are there for. Be precise and accurate. Do not try to outsmart your interview. This could be taken as subordination issue. Always remember to be polite to your interview even when you think they need to be corrected.
These are just some the things you can take in to consideration when preparing a job interview. A well prepped interview is bound to yield good results.
Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos